Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Art's Slide Collection

"Mom, Cork, Jeff Christmas 1953"

This is one of the many images from the slide collection of my grandfather, Art Cubbage. A few years ago, I scanned all of my grandfather's slides, as well as those of my parents and my maternal grandfather. Art had just under 600 images that he took from 1953 (right as they moved into their new home in New Providence) through 1974.

While I am thankful for these wonderful images of my father's childhood and my grandparent's home and lives, I am most thankful that he labeled almost every slide. That's right, my grandfather labeled most of the slides with the name of the person, the location if it wasn't at their home, the month and the year! What a blessing! This has been so helpful as I piece together our family history. Many of the images in my posts are from his collection. Here are a few more of my favorites ...

"July 1955"
This was their home in New Providence, NJ.
 

"Mem & Pap, Pittsburgh, July 1954"
My grandmother Agnes' parents in their backyard on Thelma Street.


"Min's August 1959"
Art and his family were enjoying Maryland crab at his sister Minnie's house in Baltimore.


"Jeff & Cork Thanksgiving 1954"
My father and his brother, ages 13 and 10.


"Harry, Janet, Barbara, Cork June 1959"
My father and friends before their senior prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment